Mind Of A Champion with Trisha Kroll - Co-Owner/Director of Coaching and Mental Toughness
Whether you are an elite athlete or a stay-at-home-mom, the playing field is the same. It is the 6-inch space between your ears. To be the best version of yourself you need to not only train physically but mentally as well.
Mental Training for Your Athlete & Yourself with Trisha Kroll
If 70% of success in sports is mental training, then the most critical area of any sport is the six-inch playing field between our ears. Turns out, the same principles that are used for mental discipline training for athletes are also secret weapons for everyday people like us who regularly face difficult scenarios, dilemmas, and problems.
Trisha Kroll talks about her experience playing Division 1 volleyball at the University of Kansas, and what she learned about the mental part of the game. She and her husband own and run a non-profit organization called The Difference Maker whose mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of athletes by training, equipping, and inspiring them in sports and in life.
Whether you are listening to this to be able to help your child, to educate your athletes, or to simply become stronger mentally, you will walk away with nuggets of gold to start applying today!
RECOMMENDED READS FOR CHAMPIONS
Chop Wood Carry Water by Joshua Medcalf and Jamie Gilbert
- How to fall in love with the process of becoming great.
- Guided by "Akira-sensei," John comes to realize the greatest adversity on his journey will be the challenge of defeating the man in the mirror. This powerful story of one boy's journey to achieve his life-long goal of becoming a samurai warrior, brings the Train to be Clutch curriculum to life in a powerful and memorable way.
- Has a ton of Mental Toughness Principal
Pound the Stone by Joshua Medcalf
- 7 lessons to develop grit on the path to mastery
- "There's a secret to mastery that you may have never heard a single little thing that only the very best in the world know how to do. In fact, I believe it is the only thing anyone can do to gain true mastery at anything, and it's an equal opportunity principle. It can be applied to fulfill your potential in business, in sports, in your relationships, as well as your overall life.Do you want to know what it is?
- Kicked off his basketball team after a season-ending fight, his only chance to play ball again was to sell enough books door-to-door over the summer to get back on the team. He never needed wisdom like he needed it now. But little did he know that the answer he was seeking was about to change his life forever... Pound The Stone is the intense and inspiring story of a young man's journey through the obstacles, defeats, and eventual victories that come while developing grit on the path to mastery. Told in the same engaging fable style as Chop Wood Carry Water, this is a deeper dive into the timeless principles that guide and inspire anyone who seeks greatness in life, and covers everything from true success, to the perfection trap, the value of failure, why courage is contagious, and why vulnerability can save your life.
- Pound The Stone will move you, inspire you, and hopefully encourage you to choose love and courage over fear and shame.
Training Camp by Jon Gordon
- Training Camp is an inspirational story filled with invaluable lessons and insights on bringing out the best in yourself and your team. The story follows Martin, an undrafted rookie trying to make it in the NFL. He's spent his entire life proving to the critics that a small guy with a big heart can succeed against all odds. After spraining his ankle in the pre-season, Martin thinks his dream is lost when he happens to meet a very special coach who shares eleven life-changing lessons that keep his dream alive and might even make him the best of the best. If you want to be your best, Training Camp offers an inspirational story and real-world wisdom on what it takes to reach true excellence and how you and your team (your work team, school team, church team and family team) can achieve it.
The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
- The Energy Bus, an international best seller by Jon Gordon, takes readers on an enlightening and inspiring ride that reveals 10 secrets for approaching life and work with the kind of positive, forward thinking that leads to true accomplishment - at work and at home. Jon infuses this engaging story with keen insights as he provides a powerful roadmap to overcome adversity and bring out the best in yourself and your team. When you get on The Energy Bus you'll enjoy the ride of your life!
Wisdom Lunch Warriors by Rod Olson
- Rod uses his unique story telling power to help us learn cutting edge insights on how to motivate today's iY generation and the secrets of developing a mature successful leader in today's world. The creative parable pulls you in and draws upon Olson's work with elite performers such as military special force's leaders and top pro and college coaches. Throughout the story, Olson outlines a powerful model and actionable steps that can be used to develop mature leaders who know how to coach and motivate in today's world. Written with wit and pace, The Wisdom Warrior is an inspiring story that brings new importance to an old proverb, As iron sharpens iron, one person sharpens another.
- Question behind the Question by John Miller
- Succinct, insightful, and practical, QBQ! The Question Behind the Question provides a method for putting personal accountability into daily action, which can bring astonishing results: problems get solved, barriers come down, service improves, teamwork grows, and people adapt to change.
Impractical Guide to transformational Leadership by Joshua Medcalf and Jamie Gilbert
- Our counter cultural approach to mental training has helped transform leaders in sports, business, and education. The stories, strategies, and tools within will leave you encouraged and inspired
Principal Circle by Jamie Gilbert
- We are all in a fight in some sense in life. And many of us do not feel like the odds are in our favor. We look at others and believe that if we had their circumstances, then things would be different. But we rarely need, and rarely get, a change in circumstances. What we need, is to train a new normal. I have found principles to be some of the strongest guidelines in my life. During a period of extreme financial duress, I found myself thinking about principles as the ropes on a boxing ring. The ropes not only keep you in the fight, but they can propel you back in with much greater force. This book is my answer to developing real mental toughness: the ability to live according to principles regardless of circumstances.
Our counter cultural approach to mental training has helped transform leaders in sports, business, and education. The stories, strategies, and tools within will leave you encouraged and inspired
We are all in a fight in some sense in life. And many of us do not feel like the odds are in our favor. We look at others and believe that if we had their circumstances, then things would be different. But we rarely need, and rarely get, a change in circumstances. What we need, is to train a new normal. I have found principles to be some of the strongest guidelines in my life. During a period of extreme financial duress, I found myself thinking about principles as the ropes on a boxing ring. The ropes not only keep you in the fight, but they can propel you back in with much greater force. This book is my answer to developing real mental toughness: the ability to live according to principles regardless of circumstances.
In this provocative and persuasive new book, he asserts that the secret to high performance and satisfaction-at work, at school, and at home is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.Drawing on four decades of scientific research on human motivation, Pink exposes the mismatch between what science knows and what business does and how that affects every aspect of life. He examines the three elements of true motivation, autonomy, mastery, and purpose-and offers smart and surprising techniques for putting these into action in a unique book that will change how we think and transform how we live.
About how we create unnecessary pain in our life. Good for people that are struggling with what others thinks. Faith based - lots of scripture
Drawing on cutting-edge neurology and firsthand research gathered on journeys to nine of the world's talent hotbeds, from the baseball fields of the Caribbean to a classical-music academy in upstate New York Coyle identifies the three key elements that will allow you to develop your gifts and optimize your performance in sports, art, music, math, or just about anything. Deep practice, Ignition, Master Coaching
Based on scientific research, Talent is Overrated shares the secrets of extraordinary performance and shows how to apply these principles. It features the stories of people who achieved world-class greatness through deliberate practice-including Benjamin Franklin, comedian Chris Rock, football star Jerry Rice, and top CEOs Jeffrey Immelt and Steven Ballmer.
Popular psychologist Sian Beilock, an expert on performance and brain science, reveals the astonishing new science of why we choke under pressure. She explains what happens in the body and mind when everything clicks and the perfect golf swing, tricky mathematical problem, or high-pressure business pitch suddenly become easy.